At Portarlington Credit Union, we are fully committed to protecting and respecting our members’ privacy. We are a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
If you are concerned about how your personal data may be processed in this context, please contact us by phone on 057 8623336, by fax on 057 86 23216, by email at email@example.com or by post to Portarlington Credit Union, Upper Main Street, Portarlington, Co Laois. Also, if you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact us in any of the aforementioned ways.
In using this web-site, we will only ever ask you for personal information in response to a request from you for one of our products and services and we undertake to retain this information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. The purpose of the request for information will be apparent from the type of transaction being initiated by you.
We may collect and process the following personal data relating to you:
- Information provided at the time of registering with us to use our online credit union services;
- Information that you or others provide by completing forms via our website or which you or they otherwise provide to us;
- Any instructions we accept from you or transactions we undertake to which you are a party, whether through our website, or otherwise;
- Records of any correspondence as a result of you contacting us;
- Telephone calls may be recorded to verify your information, for purposes of staff training, and for quality assurance purposes;
- Information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer. You can continue to use this website with no loss of functionality if you choose to disable cookies on your computer.
To ensure your cookie settings are to your preference you should modify your personal browser preferences. More general information on cookies can be found on aboutcookies.org. This includes information on how to disable cookies.
Technical details relating to visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes.
The main purposes for which the cookies are used are:-
- Necessary Cookies: For purposes essential to effective operation of our websites.
- Performance Cookies: To enable us to collect information about the browsing habits and activities of website visitors, including to monitor the success of campaigns, etc.
- Targeting Cookies: These remember individual websites you have visited and help us to present relevant and targeted online advertising to you. When targeting cookies have been placed on your device, they can be recognised by subsequent websites you visit, and this allows those sites to present targeted credit union advertising to you. While targeting cookies can track your visits around different websites, the information collected is anonymous. Life cycle 30 days.
How to manage and disable cookies?
For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org
You can also find more information about how to opt-out of targeting cookies by visiting: http://www.youronlinechoices.com
Purpose of Data Collection
We use the information we collect and hold about you as follows:
- to provide credit union and other related services, products and facilities to you;
- to assess eligibility and credibility for the services, products and facilities we offer;
- to implement any contracts we have entered into with you; and
- to conduct credit searches with credit reference agencies in order to provide credit facilities and, where necessary, for fraud prevention and debt recovery.
We may also use your information to notify you about changes to our services to which you have subscribed or to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or, where you have agreed to us doing so, which we feel may interest you.
We may use anonymised or statistical information to analyse our website and services to make improvements or other adjustments to them.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
It is possible that some of the information we hold about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, one of our suppliers or someone else. For instance, if it is necessary to do so to complete a transaction, your personal information (e.g. name and account details) may be sent to a third party or one of our contracted suppliers outside the EEA.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
We at Portarlington Credit Union take our data protection responsibilities very seriously. All information you provide to us through this website is stored on secure servers. We employ appropriate physical and technical security measures including staff training and awareness, to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of your personal data in our possession and we will review these measures regularly.
You must keep your PIN, Password and Username, and any other security device we give you, safe and secure. We will never initiate a request for this information.
You should log off your online account when finished using it.
The use of the internet, by its nature, is not always secure. As a result, while we have reasonable IT security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of communications made over the internet.
You are responsible for providing all you require to safely and properly access and use our web site and the associated services including a computer, an internet connection and security software.
We will only disclose information submitted to us through this web site in the proper conduct of credit union business on your behalf. Such disclosure may include information required by our internal auditors, external auditors, Irish Credit Bureau, debt management service providers, IT service provider, legal advisors or regulators such as, the office of the Data Protection Commissioner, the Irish League of Credit Unions or the Central Bank of Ireland.
Right of Access
You have a right to a copy of your personal data held by this credit union. Therefore, you may at any time submit a written Subject Access Request to Portarlington Credit Union by post, fax or email. There is an administration charge of €6.35 to process a Subject Access Request and the credit union will reply to your request within 40 days of receipt of the written or emailed request.
A Data Access Request should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, be accompanied by the administration fee of €6.35 and must include sufficient details to identify the person concerned and to help locate all relevant information.
Right of Rectification or Erasure
You have the right to have your personal information corrected, if inaccurate, or erased, if the credit union does not have a legitimate reason for retaining that information. Therefore, there will be no charge for rectification or erasure of your data if appropriate. We do however need you to submit a written request for such rectification or erasure by email, fax or post, providing sufficient details for us to identify the person and data concerned.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future at our sole discretion, will be posted on this page from time to time.
We shall not be liable in respect of any claims, emergencies, demands, causes of action, damages, losses, expenses including without limitation, reasonable legal fees and costs of proceedings arising out of or in connection with the use and/or dissemination of personal information relating to you in accordance with this privacy statement and your consents.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from ours, that we have no control over that other website. We have no responsibility for the privacy practices of other websites.